[mythtv-users] Is MythTV working on Fedora 29

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 14:08:26 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 12:19 AM Norman Spencer <nsp.email1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can anyone please confirm if MythTV works reliably on Fedora 29?
> I remember reading about problems with Fedora 28 after it was released.

Has been working fine for me with my two HDHR tuners (one ATSC, one
CableCard) on my combined FE/BE in the living room.

I'm also one of the package maintainers on RPM Fusion...

The main problem right now is Fedora Rawhide (future 30 release) is
starting to drop Python 2 in favor of Python 3 packages and MythTV isn't
ready for that yet so there hasn't been a new build in a while.

Trying to convince the package maintainer (python-requests-cache) to
provide both a Py2 and Py3 package for now.

Thanks,
Richard