[mythtv-users] XMAS 1.9 theme memory leak?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Dec 13 04:21:16 UTC 2018

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 12:06:05 -0700, you wrote:

>Systemd restarted mythfrontend and now its creeping back up in memory
>consumption.  When I get back home, I'll change back to the 1.8 theme and
>see if the problem persists..

It is not systemd that runs and restarts mythfrontend.  If you are
running Ubuntu, /usr/bin/mythfrontend is a script that is run from the
X desktop setup (whichever desktop you are using).  That script runs
/usr/bin/mythfrontend.real which is the real executable file for
mythfrontend.  Whenever /usr/bin/mythfrontend.real stops, the script
checks the exit code and if it is not a normal exit, restarts
/usr/bin/mythfrontend.real automatically.