[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py not working on current?

Paul Shepherd pshepherd99 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:45:20 UTC 2018

> >It's a long time now since I came across this issue, but having just
> >found (and fixed) the problem I thought I should post an update.
> >
> >Adding the print statements as suggested produced no output at all, so
> >I guessed that somehow the backend database just wasn't being accessed.
> >
> >Trawling through the database 'settings' table I found that the
> >required entry of 'BackendServerIP' did not exist, but instead was an
> >entry 'BackendServerAddr' with the correct IP address as data.
> >
> >I have updated my 'find_orphans.py' script (lines 60 and 68 or
> >thereabouts), changing 'BackendServerIP' to 'BackendServerAddr' and the
> >script now works as expected.
> >
> >I have absolutely no idea how this error has occured.
> >
> >George
> Interesting.  All my operational databases all have both the
> and 'BackendServerAddr' settings.  The database I have on a virtual
> where I installed Xubuntu 18.04 from new does not have the
> 'BackendServerIP' value.
> Maybe the name has been changed at some point, but the database
> upgrading process has not deleted the old one for some reason.  Or maybe
> both addresses are there normally and have different uses.  So anyone
> working with a database that has been progressively upgraded will still
> the old 'BackendServerIP' value and find_orphans.py will work.  However,
> one of my operational databases has an IPv6 address for
> 'BackendServerAddr', so just changing the name in find_orphans.py may not
> be enough - it would need to be tested to see if it will work with IPv6
> addresses too.

A change to the settings table was made in 2017, 
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13024 elaborates.  

This caused me some issues when upgrading, I will have to check
find_orphans.py as well.


This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list