[mythtv-users] XMLTV json sqlite setup vs. what's needed for mythhdhrrecorder?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 17:26:31 UTC 2018

On my production system I've been using XMLTV json sqlite for a long 
time. I used the mythtv XMLTV wiki for that setup:

tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --days 0 --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv

During the 3rd step you go through each channel in the lineup for my 
zipcode and delete the ones you don't get. That seems to make 
mythfilldatabase work faster. It also makes my channel editing faster 
because most of the channels are not in the list, just a few stations 
that are on the fringe of my reception area. But most of the channels I 
don't want are eliminated by the 3rd step.

When I went through Gary's PDF (Use of the HDHR Premium TV service with 

I didn't see the opportunity to use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite to 
eliminate unwanted channels from my SD lineup. As a result my 
mythfilldatabase run was longer and I had a lot more channels to edit 
out using mythtv-setup.

I'm sure there is a way, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. (the 
script isn't in Fortran and there's no IBM cards.  Yes I'm that old :-)

Jim A

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20181208/bd7acc3f/attachment.html>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list