[mythtv-users] DVD iso image in SG does not play on remote frontend

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:45:56 UTC 2018

Hi:  I have several DVDs created by MythArchive and now conveniently
storable (via K3B) as iso images.  These have played as Videos on FE/BE
systems, but I now have a firestick 4K as a remote frontend, and on that
they don't play.  I think it's not a firestick-specific problem.

I think the problem could be in the SG addressing.  On my main box the
log shows "DVDRB: Opened DVD device at myth://Videos@hpbox/whatever.iso"
where hpbox is the (boring) 'Master Backend Name' from mythtv-setup.

The firestick log shows that it is using the same form; but it doesn't
work.  It was set up to use the Primary IP Address (192.168.1.something)
and the 'name' option seemed not to work there.

Any insights?

Thanks,

John P