[mythtv-users] Changing Station Frequencies after FCC compaction

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 5 16:27:42 UTC 2018

On 12/4/2018 5:13 PM, Ben wrote:
> I have 2 channels that changed frequencies after the FCC compaction of
> the spectrum.
>
> (yea, I was slow to get around to it -- shows how much TV I actually
> watch)
>
> Using the web client, I changed the DB entries for those channels
> accordingly... but I'm showing a recording happening now that's still
> on the old frequency.
>
> (41 instead of the new 32)
>
> Is there something else I need to do or ??
>
> Thanks,
>
>  -Ben
I think you have two options, both of which you can do using the
mythtvbackend setup application.  The first option is to use the
mythtvbackend setup Channel Editor and perform a complete rescan of all
your channels for each input you have configured.  The second option is
to use the Channel Editor to perform a scan of the existing transports
to only rescan the new channel (channel 32 in your case).  If channel 32
was not scanned previously, then the scan existing transport option
won't work until you manually add the new transport.  Also on the
mythtvbackend setup application there is a transport editor.  One of the
options there is to add a new transport.  Use this option to add a
transport for your new channel (32).  Note that you will need to type in
the center channel frequency for the channel, not the channel number.
For channel 32 in North America, this would be 581MHz (581000000).
Google is your friend here.  After adding the new transport, you can
then go back to the channel editor and perform the scan existing
transport and select just your new channel (32 in your case).
Jay