[mythtv-users] XOFF not followed by an XON for the ExternalRecorder

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Dec 3 12:27:25 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-12-02 at 21:19 -0800, Marc Rawji wrote:

> The workaround isn't a workaround.

It absolutely is.

> If I am reading it right, it basically
> ignores the original recording, kicks off another ffmpeg to grab the
> HLS
> stream and then overwrites the MythTv one.

Yup.  That's exactly the nature of a work-around and is the only option
available to me since my Myth machines are on Ubuntu Trusty "LTS" and
Myth doesn't build on them any more so upgrading to something newer is
not an option.

> My scenario fails about 10-20% of the time, so that doesn't seem like
> great workaround,

Whether you are willing to tolerate that kind of failure rate of course
is completely up to you.  My workaround works 100% of the time.

> unless i force my recorder to fail all the time

I don't have my recorder failing.  It's still recording and Myth
believes it to be successful.  Well, in fact it is successful, I just
prefer the quality of the HLS recording I get with the ffmpeg command.

> and then
> just use your workaround, but I'd rather work with John and get it
> fixed
> for everyone.

Of course.  As long as they can even still build Myth on their
machines.

Cheers,
b.