[mythtv-users] Issue - MythtvFrontend Nvidia Shield Audio Pass fuzz

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Sat Dec 1 22:36:42 UTC 2018

On 12/1/18 2:45 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 12/1/18 3:31 PM, Jon Boehm wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Love the Android MythtvFrontend.  Thankyou!!!!
>>
>> But I'm having an issue and don't see how I file issues on the git
>> page so I'm posting here.
>>
>> First the good -- I can get analog audio just fine.
>>
>> Problem - As soon as I enable and Digital Audio Capabilities (pass
>> through) my receiver does not recognize the digital audio stream and
>> never switches from the analog mode to digital codex.  All I get is a
>> harsh fuzz from the speakers.   I've seen this behavior on rare
>> occurrences with Kodi or a BluRay.  Stopping playback and restarting
>> fixes the problem but that doesn't help here.  Every digital stream
>> is corrupted.  If I play an old analog recording when passthrough is
>> enabled that works just fine.
>>
>> This is on a fresh install of
>> mythfrontend-20181124-arm64-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk
>> <https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_64/:mythfrontend-20181124-arm64-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk> with
>> a v29 backend.  If it matters this is using my Onkyo TX-SR805.  Its
>> not the newest receiver but its new enough to support DTS-HS and
>> DD-TrueHD.
>>
>> Thanks.  I really really appreciate the mythfrontend for Android.
>>

> Did you enable digital audio in Android settings as described in the wiki?
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android#Digital_Audio

I just walked through these on my system and it is exactly what I have
for Audio.   I went ahead an implimented the video settings as well just
to make sure I had the right configuration but I am still getting a
similar audio issue described above - except I can get it to work by
pausing/fast forwarding.

Michael