[mythtv-users] Issue - MythtvFrontend Nvidia Shield Audio Pass fuzz

Jon Boehm jon.s.boehm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 20:31:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

Love the Android MythtvFrontend.  Thankyou!!!!

But I'm having an issue and don't see how I file issues on the git page so
I'm posting here.

First the good -- I can get analog audio just fine.

Problem - As soon as I enable and Digital Audio Capabilities (pass through)
my receiver does not recognize the digital audio stream and never switches
from the analog mode to digital codex.  All I get is a harsh fuzz from the
speakers.   I've seen this behavior on rare occurrences with Kodi or a
BluRay.  Stopping playback and restarting fixes the problem but that
doesn't help here.  Every digital stream is corrupted.  If I play an old
analog recording when passthrough is enabled that works just fine.

This is on a fresh install of
mythfrontend-20181124-arm64-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk
<https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_30/android_64/:mythfrontend-20181124-arm64-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a.apk>
with
a v29 backend.  If it matters this is using my Onkyo TX-SR805.  Its not the
newest receiver but its new enough to support DTS-HS and DD-TrueHD.

Thanks.  I really really appreciate the mythfrontend for Android.