[mythtv-users] Scaning videos still

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 1 00:22:46 UTC 2018

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 19:14:39 +0800
James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> I’v not looked at the src to see how elaborate the hash is to I redid
> as an mp4 After scan there it was not

A transcoded video should have a different hash.

> I’ll revert to John suggestion of scanning an empty folder, then
> rescan the video folder, but that trick (which works well) unleashes
> a hell fire of [image not found] message boxes, that takes ages to
> resolve: mythfilldatabase fixes 3/4 of the errors, time mostly fixes
> the rest (I still get some display-locked-and-scrolling)

Sounds like you've got directory paths in Video Settings and a Video
Storage group pointing to the same files.
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Frontend#General_Settings

The latter superseded the former and they can interfere with each other:
IIRC it scans the files twice but produces different image paths.

If so, then use the storage group and clear out the Video Settings
directory.

A frontend log of a video scan with "-v file --loglevel debug" should
be informative.

Probably useful to disable the metadata updates until you've got the
scan working properly
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Frontend#Metadata_Settings