[mythtv-users] deleted recordings

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Aug 29 02:19:51 UTC 2018

>>> If you have not changed the settings from the defaults, then anything
>>> you delete gets put in a queue to be actually deleted in a short time
>>> - I think it is about 15 minutes.  Your old recordings in the deleted
>>> queue are probably as a result of an old bug (long since fixed), which
>>> failed to actually delete things from the deleted queue.  If you
>>> change to viewing the deleted recordings, add all of them to the
>>> playlist and then delete the playlist, all those old recordings should
>>> be actually deleted, and no more should end up in that state if you
>>> are using a MythTV version after the fix was applied.  The actual
>>> deletion from the deleted queue can take a while, as it is not done
>>> all at once so as not to create too much disk activity that could
>>> affect any recordings that are taking place.  But you should see the
>>> files being removed from the deleted list over time until they are all
>>> gone.
>>
>> Can you hold mt hand please.
>>
>> m->Change Group Filter->Delete [41 Items]
>> m->Add to Playlist
>> (repeat for each file)
>> m->Playlist Options->Delete
>>
>> All Gone
>> But One by One they come back until the deleted list is fully restored
>>
>> So delete the items by hand
>> bing they?re back (as expected)
>>
>> How do I delete the deleted group items?
>> fixes/29 [v29.1-15-g280138b]
>>
>> Thanks
>> James
>
> As I said, it takes time for the actual deletion to happen.  So after
> a few hours they should be all gone.  I would suggest checking again
> tomorrow and only then worrying if they are still there.
>
> And with a playlist, if you leave the cursor in the left hand column
> and do (from memory) Menu > Add To Playlist, then all the items on the
> right hand column will be added to the playlist at the same time - no
> need to add them individually.

I did have three sets of recordings in group Deleted

(1) Real recordings that are old (late last year to current)
(2) Recordings that I manually deleted (demarked +)
(3) Real recordings that are new (yesturday)

I’ve not touched auto-expire defaults so they are set to 0 days (ie 15 min or so)

(1) On delete the list goes empty then reappears ie (1) is relisted
(2) had an obvious menu option and they are gone (from the list, they were already gone)
(3) are gone

Seems very painfull to track down every recording from (1) and manually delete, doubley so since I am GMT+8 which means recording labled *201807260100* are really dated 25 07. I hope there was a good reason to date recordings at ZULU rather than localtime.

Is there any easy way of doing this?

James