[mythtv-users] Frequency scaling quit working with the upgrade to 16.04

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:08:55 UTC 2018

Hi again,

On my 8.04 system the CPU would run slow until the usage got above an idle
because of this statement in rc.local
*echo -n 15 |  tee
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold*

Now I get an error on boot and the old command is met with program not
found.  There is no Cool'n'quiet in the bios so that is not a good hint and
this all worked before so I am faced with some incompatibility with the new
system.

I am interested in having the CPU throttle back when it is not in use as
this system is, of course, on 24/7.

[image: Image1.jpg]

As usual Google is full of information that I have no idea if it applies to
my old hardware and newer software.

If I learned one thing with the last debugging session it is don't just try
stuff from the web because it is just as likely to trash the system as to
fix it.  Linux just changes too much to expect what is on the web to apply
to 10 year old HW.  The processor is an AMD 5400.

Allen