[mythtv-users] Video quality on 0.28 worse than it was on 0.21

Michael A Weber mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 14:19:42 UTC 2018

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 9:04 AM, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl <mailto:udovdh at xs4all.nl>> wrote:
> On 25-08-18 15:39, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Please reinstall the proprietary nvidia module.
>
> May I suggest different hardware that does not need blacklisting and provides fairly nice open source drivers and such?
> In such case this whole episode would have been `solved` sooner.
>
> What is your suggestion?
>
> Meanwhile, I will be going to phase 2 of my plan and reinstalling Mythbuntu 16.04 with upgrades turned off. I will do that in about 5 hours if nobody has a solution that works before then.
>
> Allen

Please accept my apologies in advance since I haven’t read every single email in this thread.

What I have always done with my ground-up builds on CentOS with Nvidia video hardware is download the drivers from nvidia’s site appropriate for my hardware and then run the installer from the command line.  I think the command is something like “nvidia-install” or similar.  From there, it will require you to have the source code for the kernel version you are running and then it will build the kernel module for you according to your system and install it appropriately.

This worked perfect every single time I had to do it.  Again, if someone else suggested this, or you tried it already, I apologize for not seeing it since I didn’t read all the stuff in the middle but rather the first and last few.

Best,
Mike