[mythtv-users] Video quality on 0.28 worse than it was on 0.21

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:08:34 UTC 2018

I have "installed" the nvidia_304 driver and that is what is reported by
the GUI as being installed.  The problem is that it isn't actually
installed as reported by the system.

My plan which has to wait until this evening is to do this:

sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get update
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

That should install the 304 driver with my 6200 card.

If that doesn't work I will reinstall from scratch 16.04 with auto update
turned off so I capture the moment in time when the Mythbuntu team thought
they had something stable.

If that doesn't work I will install 8.04 as I know that works.  I prefer
not to do that as I won't have a browser that works with such an old OS.
So, might buy all new hardware and start from that.  Or perhaps get a TiVo.

Allen