[mythtv-users] Digital and Analog sound?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:46:41 UTC 2018

Thanks so much.  I now have analog and digital sound.  I guess looking at
alsamixer on my phone wasn't the best way to set it up :-)  I unmuted a few
more things, got sound on YouTube working and then found a setting on Myth
that worked for both digital and analog.

I still have a problem with video quality that might make me go back to
8.04 and will create a new thread.

In terms of my setup, I do not have HDMI outputs on my computer. I use a
DVI to HDMI cable. Interestingly, that cable only works with the 6600 video
card.  When I use it with the 8600 video card, I get unsupported signal
messages on the computer.  Switching to a DVI to DVI cable with a DVI to
HDMI pigtail works with the 8600 card.  I find that strange but Google led
me to try it and that worked.

Allen