[mythtv-users] lircd setup with hdhomerun kludge

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:48:34 UTC 2018

You said "you should have been able to comment out or delete the "killall
lircd"
line in your rc.local and it should have worked with no other changes"

What I did after issuing the disable command was try and make the remote
work by deleting the killall line and rebooting the system.  The result was
no remote and also no irw command, which I found really odd.

I guess I can always just reinstall the system to get back to a known state
and I am guessing that might happen as I try and get VDPAU working what
with all the cautions.  Right now, if that profile is selected, the
frontend exits when I try and play a recording but that is another topic.

Allen