[mythtv-users] Monitor issues

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:39:38 UTC 2018

This is not strictly a Myth issue but I need to solve this before working
on getting VDPAU working.  I switched to a Geforce 8600GT in the hopes of
getting VDPAU working which I failed at so far.  But what I am asking here
is how to get a workable system.  I have two choices now.  1) Single
monitor on the TV with all the system fonts and icons so small they are
unreadable. I mean so small it is completely unreadable.  The MythTV fonts
are fine, normal, but the Ubuntu fonts are tiny. Or I could 2) Leave the TV
that way and add a second monitor, which I have.  But the computer will not
recognize a second monitor.  I have looked at nvidia config and at the
standard Display section. Neither show a second monitor.  I do this with
the monitor plugged into the DVI slot that works and the TV plugged into
the DVI slot that has no signal.