[mythtv-users] support for HLS streaming live TV?

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:25:14 UTC 2018

AFAIK, it's possible to do video on demand with VLC, although not sure
about doing it while converting streams to HLS. You could then possibly
make them available network-wide using dvblast, multicast and SAP, perhaps?

Here's some possibly useful info, although this guy is actually streaming
RTSP, as I remember:

https://angrytechnician.wordpress.com/category/technical-articles/iptv/

What I'm doing myself is converting the stdout delivered by Streamlink to
HLS using VLC, but in my case not for live TV. In my case I'm using the
MythTV recording pending event to trigger a shell script that launches
Streamlink piped to VLC that provides an HLS stream that MythTV can then
record. That's all configured in advance by a set-up script though, which
generates multiple M3U files and HLS URLs, so I can run 5 encoders at a
time.

Ian