[mythtv-users] HELP. My remote broke with this help -- Re: lircd setup with hdhomerun kludge

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:05:13 UTC 2018

OK, gave that command a try and it doesn't look good.

allen at MythNew:/etc$ sudo systemctl disable lirc
[sudo] password for allen:
lirc.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable lirc
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `lirc'
overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `lirc'
overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
allen at MythNew:/etc$

I have no idea what all this means. I took out the killall lircd statement
and tested the remote. It did not work.

I put the killall back in rc.local and still no remote

I issued the other command you gave  sudo systemctl start lirc and still no
remote

Also, irw is no longer recognized so I now have no remote at all.  My wife
will be very unhappy.

Pleas help me get back to where I was. I will never complain about my
kludge again.