[mythtv-users] support for HLS streaming live TV?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Aug 21 11:45:50 UTC 2018

Can MythBE stream live tv with HLS yet?

I'm imagining a URL to the MythBE machine where a channel number is
specified and where MythTV's HLS server takes that URL, tunes a tuner
and starts streaming whatever the tuner is receiving.

Given that the tuner is also hardware-encoding to MPEG2, no encoding is
even needed by MythTV.

MythTV in fact even feels like a pretty big hammer for this problem,
but I have not found anything else lighter weight.  Even writing a
server to do this would not be terribly difficult, but I just don't
have the time.

Cheers,
b.