[mythtv-users] OpenVPN and Mythling Unexpected End of Stream Error

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 03:53:17 UTC 2018

I am using OpenVPN to access my home network from an Android phone. The
OpenVPN instance uses UDP and the TUN interface. There is a route set up so
the client can access the myth box on another subnet. At least some packets
do go in both directions.

When Using OpenVPN I can access mythweb just fine. I can access the web
server on the myth box just fine. I can download the files from the mythweb
interface.

When I try to use mythling, I get an unexpected end of stream error. Kodi
also does not work. ASX streaming from the mythweb interface does not seem
to work.  If the phone is connected directly to the myth subnet via wifi,
everything works except ASX streaming.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Regards,

Mark