[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Premium TV Service

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 01:23:44 UTC 2018

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 12:26 AM Stephen P. Villano
<stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alas, another deal breaker is, we watch a lot of BBC America programming. That is absent from their advertised lineup.

FWIW, at least one other OTT providers took a bit of time
to negotiate BBC America, so perhaps it is coming (or
perhaps).

Personally, I would like to see ESPN dropped and the
cost go down by the (estimated by some) $5-8/mo
that they bill for it, but it was probably a requirement
to get Disney (which I would also be personally happy
to not get/pay for, but I understand the perceived need).

But the reality is there is no perfect OTT provider
with just the channels I want, and pure ala carte
has been calculated (by real economists, not couch
potatoe pundits who like to make things up) to cost
some people a lot more than what they pay now,
even if some would pay less.