[mythtv-users] What happened to the ability to scan a range of channels?

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 05:29:48 UTC 2018

What happened to the ability to scan a range of channels?

I have two antennas aimed about 20 degrees apart. Both see all channels from both directions, but each sees the channels from
its direction much better than the other direction.

After a full scan, I must delete all channels from the other direction to prevent MythTV from choosing a source with bad reception.

While doing this, I accidentally deleted one channel. I tried to manually add it back, but I was not able to select ATSC as the
type as it does not appear in the selection list.

So I tried a full scan, assuming I could choose which ones to add by selecting manual. Nope. there is now way to skip one
channel. You can skip a type, but not a single channel.

Worse, I had edited all of the channel numbers from xx_yy to xx.yy. MythTV changed them all back to xx_yy.

I can't even use mythweb to edit the channels. It will display them, but when I try to save the changes, it gives me an error,
and displays the old values.

Rant complete.