[mythtv-users] db restore

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:00:30 UTC 2018

Did you include the angle brackets?  What I meant was to substitute the
values on the right hand side of 'user = ' and 'password = '
in debian.cnf with <username> and <password> on the command line, i.e.
-uroot -ppasswordstring.

As Stephen Worthing has pointed out, you got the syntax wrong for updating
the password in the DB, but I'm trying to establish whether you already
have that in the DB as it is now and whether or not /etc/mythtv/config.xml
is correct as it stands.

Did you try running 'sudo ./mythconverg_restore.pl ...' as I suggested
before?

Cheers, Ian