[mythtv-users] Recommendations needed for new FE box

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Aug 1 16:26:54 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 8:43 AM Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

What's the downside of using the regular Mythfrontend on a Pi 3?

I sort of have it working. The playback and audio are OK, but it stutters
if I try to use time stretch. Since that is a major feature for me when
watching football or baseball games, I have not yet replaced my Zotac ION
front end with the Pi3 yet. I do have the decoder license in place, but
nothing I have tried has allowed time stretch to work correctly. The Wiki
page for using a Pi as a frontend says that time stretch can work up to
about 2x, but it has never worked right for me.

--Greg