[mythtv-users] systemd suddenly won't start backend

jksjdevelop jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 19:33:38 UTC 2018

Just spent a day resolving this issue after upgrading from Ubuntu 16.04
to 18.04. It seems the latter boots faster revealing a fault that has
always been there in my mythbackend.service.

I had

After=mysqld.service network.target

which is wrong for ubuntu - should be

After=mysql.service network.target

My point is the faulty config worked for 2 years it is only the speed
change that revealed it