[mythtv-users] systemd suddenly won't start backend

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:46:47 UTC 2018

Hoi stinga,

> On 27/04/18 03:31, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Apr 27 00:31:00 woden mythbackend: mythbackend[2047]: E CoreContext
>> mythdbcon.cpp:230 (OpenDatabase) Driver error was [1/2003]:
>> QMYSQL: Unable to connect
>> Database error was:
>> Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.12' (111)
>>

>> If I run the backend from a terminal using
>>      su -c mythtv mythbackend
>> everything works fine
>>
>> Nothing has been updated as far as I know, I can only assume some mysql
>> setting has changed due to a regular upgrade/update.
> If it runs one way and not another it usually is due to different PATH
> setting, privileges or timing.

> the errors you gave don't say it failed permanently, it would keep
> trying until it can connect.

My guess would be that for whatever reason your network or database
are not jet fully up when mythbackend starts. It's known to happen
unpredictably. So try setting a delay on the start of mythbackend. See
the "Lose TV tuners after PC reboot" thread earlier this week on
suggestions on how to go about that.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven