[mythtv-users] Frequent failures in attempting to download art from thetvdb

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Apr 26 07:54:23 UTC 2018

On 25/04/2018 17:59, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net
> <mailto:lists at glidos.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 25/04/2018 09:22, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
>         On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:07 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net
>         <mailto:lists at glidos.net> <mailto:lists at glidos.net
>         <mailto:lists at glidos.net>>> wrote:
>
>              On 23/04/2018 19:00, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>                  Hi,
>                  I'm noticing more and more often now I cannot download
>         coverart,
>                  banners etc from thetvdb. If I try to manually, a list of
>                  possible banners is displayed with urls, but blank
>         space where
>                  the image should be. In the logs I see "Tried to write
>         <url>,
>                  but it appears to be an HTML redirect or corrupt file
>         (filesize
>                  0). The urls work in a browser. There seems to be a
>         long-ago
>                  fixed bug related to this with themoviedb.
>
>                  I'm using v0.28.2
>
>                  Is anyone else seeing this problem?
>

>              Can anyone using 0.28.2 report ttvdb artwork download
>         working for
>              them? At least then I know to look somewhere outside mythtv.
>
>     Yeah, I know of that discussion: I was part of it. Back a few weeks,
>     a few of us didn't have ttvdb.py working at all. Now it is mostly
>     working. It's just the downloading of artwork that fails. The
>     download failure was happening a lot before I upgraded to 0.28.2, in
>     any case.
>
> ​Ahhh, sorry - I should have looked closer to the recipients of that
> thread!

No worries. I just appreciate the help. Thanks.

> When you run the commands from the command line as in the other
> thread, what does it say?​

The ttvdb.py is working perfectly, I believe. In MythTV, I'm getting
correct metadata. I believe even the artwork urls are correct, because
they work in a browser. The problem comes when MythTV tries to download
from any of the urls. I get a message on my frontend that the download
fails and in the logs I see "Tried to write <url>, but it appears to be
an HTML redirect or corrupt file (filesize 0).".