[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 18:58:57 UTC 2018

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018, 8:21 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/04/18 00:12, Ashu Desai wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 20, 2018, 5:06 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com
> > <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 20/04/18 21:42, Ashu Desai wrote:
> >      >
> >      > On Thu, Apr 19, 2018, 1:39 PM John Pilkington
> >     <johnpilk222 at gmail.com <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
> >      > <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>>>
> wrote:
> >      >
> >      >     Still trying to get used to gmail with ipop.  Deleted message
> >      >     instead of
> >      >     replying.
> >      >
> >      >     Installing the nVidia drivers can be confusing.  Here's a
> >     fairly recent
> >      >     howto
> >      >
> >      > https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/NVIDIA
> >      >
> >      >     John
> >      >
> >      >
> >      >   This is the 2nd time in as many days that I am doing a full
> >     install of
> >      > centOS - every time I install the nvidia drivers, somehow my
> network
> >      > fails to load up. no matter what I do my network fails saying LSB
> >     failed.
> >      >
> >      > Full new install (twice) and all I did was: yum install
> >     xorg-x11-drv-nvidia
> >      >
> >     Perhasps I have to apologise for this.  Google doesn't appear to
> >     support
> >     my assumption that an nVidia driver is required for an Atom.  Sorry.
> >

> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Atom-Processor-230-512K-Cache-1-60-GHz
> .
> >

> > well I did use vdpau and with my older ion I believe I need out for a
> > good playback, don't I?
> >
> > I am unable to open the link you have here so my apologies, not sure
> > what it says.
>
> That URL came up in search for a video driver for your Atom;  I hadn't
> tried it.  It seems likely to be a part of a Centos-provided intel
> driver anyway.  I had confused Atom with Ion which IIRC was an
> intel/nvidia mix.
>
> But it seems you now have an nVidia driver installed for who-knows-what
> hardware.  Which driver?   lspci | grep VGA ?  I suspect your frontend
> may still be underpowered for some current content, but perhaps you can
> now use the frontend-setup options to get an ok performance.
>
> Have you googled 'lsb fails to start?'  I found several Centos7
> references - and 'solutions,' for example...
>

> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/220750/centos-7-failed-to-bring-up-down-networking-configure-interface-for-a-trunk-in

so it seems that journalctl -xe shows the error:

ifup- eth  shows a different mac than in the ifcfg-eth0.

since this adapter doesn't show up in ifconfig, I don't know what to put. I
do have a copy of my first working cfg before i installed nvidia and the
network was working. however copying that over (even with a commented uuid)
doesn't help. disabled the NetworkManager but doesn't work.

and have no freaking idea why installing nvidia drivers would mess with my
network drivers!