[mythtv-users] ir-blasters

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Thu Apr 19 15:55:49 UTC 2018

On 18/04/18 08:19 AM, Rick wrote:
> I've been using a myblaster for years.  It was a great piece of kit,
> just worked but it has finally given up the ghost.  What are people
> using to control the hd-pvr these days.  A look through Amazon and
> other places reveals a dizzying array of devices that may or may not
> work. Can anyone suggest something that is known to work? A make and
> model would be nice as I'm no genius when it comes to electronics.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick
In my living spaces I use one of the many knock-off mce usb ir remote
transceiver units, but in my server closet where all the big hardware
sites, I use a CommandIR II - a little more pricey, but when you're
controlling several boxes that all speak the same IR codeset, being able
to address you specific emitter you want is a life saver.