[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 19 14:12:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 13:22:41 +0000, you wrote:

>Now the next problem - the frontend runs extremely choppy. Never had this
>issue on the 0.27/fixes one. Same movies come as if watching via RDP!
>
>I can post the required logs - i know there was a way I read earlier to get
>logs - enter something along with "mythfrontend -v" command..
>
>(I hope this isn't a hardware issue - not sure if 0.29 takes more compute
>than the 0.27)

I can tell you that 0.29 runs just as well as 0.27 on the same
hardware.  I think your problem will just be that you do not have the
right playback setup yet.

Did you copy across your old database and upgrade it?  Is your
frontend using the same hostname as your old frontend?  The frontend
database settings are all per hostname, so if you are using a new
frontend hostname, or a completely new database, then you will have
only the default settings for playback.  Which probably means no use
of accelerated GPU processing.  So you will need to set it all up
again.  If it is an older CPU, then it will not be able to cope with
playing modern video without the acceleration.  What sort of video
card is it?  What sort of CPU?