[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Michael A Weber mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:55:17 UTC 2018

> On Apr 19, 2018, at 8:22 AM, Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 7:55 PM Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz <mailto:stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 23:17:15 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:20 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>>
> >wrote:

> >> How about:
> >>
> >> mysql  -umythtv -pmythtv -h localhost mythconverg
> >>

> >I don't understand this - why am I trying to get in from my backend box? It
> >already works. - the only thing not working is from the remote frontend.
> >Unless I am misunderstanding this?
> >
> >Anyways - tried it and doesn't work (since i dont think there is mariadb on
> >the frontend)
>
> The default install for MySQL and MariaDB is to only bind to
> localhost.  So you probably need to change the settings in /etc/mysql
> to allow binding of your external network interfaces.  This command
> will show you what interfaces MySQL or MariaDB are bound to:
>
> netstat -lp | grep mysql
>
> Find all the "bind-address" lines in the config files and see what is
> uncommented:
>
> cd /etc/mysql
> grep -ir "bind-address" *
>
> If there is more than one that is not commented out, it can be
> difficult to work out which one is read last and is the one that
> works.  To work out what order they are read in, you need to look at
> all the config files starting with /etc/mysql/my.cnf and find any
> "!includedir" lines.  Config files are read from any included
> directory in alphabetical order at the time the "!includedir" line is
> read.
>
> You need to either change the bind-address line that works to:
>
> bind-address=::
>
> or add a new bind-address line that will be read after that one.
>
> A bind address of :: allows binding to all interfaces using IPv4 and
> IPv6.  A bind address of 0.0.0.0 allows binding to all interfaces
> using IPv4 only.
>
> I recommend only having one uncommented "bind-address" line - comment
> out or delete the others.
>
> It didn't have any bind address - i just added one and it worked.
>
> Now the next problem - the frontend runs extremely choppy. Never had this issue on the 0.27/fixes one. Same movies come as if watching via RDP!

My guess is that the video settings under TV playback for what you are using for playback (OpenGL, VAAPI, VDPAU, etc) aren’t set correctly for your hardware.  I’d go through those, do the tests to see if your settings make it work correctly, and then test some video where you had trouble and see if it is fixed.

> I can post the required logs - i know there was a way I read earlier to get logs - enter something along with "mythfrontend -v" command..
>
> (I hope this isn't a hardware issue - not sure if 0.29 takes more compute than the 0.27)

Best,
Mike