[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:59:15 UTC 2018

On 19/04/18 06:08, Ashu Desai wrote:

mysql -h backend_ip -D mythconverg -u mythtv -p

And it doesn't work. So then I try to do it on my backend - i can log in fine. However, when i do the standard mysql command:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'mythmaster' to database 'mythconverg'

I am not sure where it got "mythmaster" from - since my.cnf has IP - and so does config.xml

This thread seems to have been derailed from the original post and possibly should be a new one.

mythmaster is the hostname of your backend and is where you have logged into your database from - using your (mariadb) mythtv userid and password. That mythtv user does not have the necessary permissions to grant access to the mythconverg database. Specifically - it appears you are trying to use that unprivileged mythtv user account to give itself permission to access the mythconverg database. Instead you will need to log in using a suitably privileged user most likely the root account created when you installed mariadb.

Re: remote access, also make sure you modify your mariadb config to bind to the ip address of the server it is installed on (the bind-address parameter). Out of the box it will bind to the loopback IP only for security.
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/configuring-mariadb-for-remote-client-access/