[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:38:56 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:10 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>   On 17/04/18 20:31, Ashu Desai wrote:
> >
> >     I don't know if rpmfusion keeps old built packages available
> somewhere.
> >     There are packages for myth 0.28 built Aug 2016 here.  nux! aimed to
> be
> >     compatible with other el7 repos, and IIRC was building for el7 before
> >     rpmfusion did.  I used to use it without problems but felt that
> >     rpmfusion might be better long-term.
> >
> >     http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/
> >

> > If I want to use the current version - then I guess I should just do
> > "yum install mythtv" (?) - why do I need to do the rpmfusion?
> >
> > Sorry just trying to understand.
> >
> I've found it difficult to get a picture of where things stand now.  I
> have suggested resources that might help you to update your system(s)
> but I can't give you sysadmin

 Agreed and none needed. I guess i didnt clarify properly - and right now
not sure what I was trying to figure out. So it's all good.

As it stands - i created a new backend and frontend. Backend runs ok (not
added the Tuner card yet) - however frontend doesn't find the backend.

I did the following on my remote frontend:

mysql -h backend_ip -D mythconverg -u mythtv -p

And it doesn't work. So then I try to do it on my backend - i can log in
fine. However, when i do the standard mysql command:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified
by "mythtv";
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'mythmaster' to
database 'mythconverg'

I am not sure where it got "mythmaster" from - since my.cnf has IP - and so
does config.xml

So at this point I am stuck on allowing user mythtv to access the DB. I
tried "root" as well from remote but same problem.

http://about.me/adesai