[mythtv-users] ir-blasters

Greg gregl at nycap.rr.com
Wed Apr 18 13:58:53 UTC 2018

On 04/18/2018 08:19 AM, Rick wrote:
> I've been using a myblaster for years.  It was a great piece of kit,
> just worked but it has finally given up the ghost.  What are people
> using to control the hd-pvr these days.  A look through Amazon and
> other places reveals a dizzying array of devices that may or may not
> work. Can anyone suggest something that is known to work? A make and
> model would be nice as I'm no genius when it comes to electronics.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

I also use the Myblaster and have for about 10 years... I recently had a
problem with mine that was caused by permissions on the ttys0 port. The
fix was too make sure ttys0 was in dialout group.. I used to just change
the permissions by using chown, but for some reason after an update or
reboot It would change back on it's own..
       I could never understand why that company went out of business..
That blaster took  less than 5 minutes to install and setup.. I check
e-bay a few times a month to see if anyone would post one and i would
buy it in an instant...

Greg