[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:09:55 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:
  On 17/04/18 20:31, Ashu Desai wrote:

>     I don't know if rpmfusion keeps old built packages available somewhere.
>     There are packages for myth 0.28 built Aug 2016 here.  nux! aimed to be
>     compatible with other el7 repos, and IIRC was building for el7 before
>     rpmfusion did.  I used to use it without problems but felt that
>     rpmfusion might be better long-term.
>
>     http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/
>

> If I want to use the current version - then I guess I should just do
> "yum install mythtv" (?) - why do I need to do the rpmfusion?
>
> Sorry just trying to understand.

I've found it difficult to get a picture of where things stand now.  I
have suggested resources that might help you to update your system(s)
but I can't give you sysadmin lessons.

I find the yumex graphical package manager helpful to get an overall
picture of inter-package relationships and I have something like 20
repos installed, with 5 that are 'permanently' enabled and not
ScientificLinux7-native: epel, elrepo, elrepo-kernel,
adobe-linux-x86_64, rpmfusion-free-updates and google-chrome.  Some of
the others are effectively dead.

You might make other choices, but I think you would find it better in
the end to run a currently-supported MythTV system.

Cheers,

John