[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 17:07:32 UTC 2018

On 17/04/18 15:51, Ashu Desai wrote:

> [...]
>      > I do not do Centos, but if it has packages for MythTV, just install
>      > the frontend packages.  MythTV packages come as a set with matching
>      > frontend and backend.  And mythfrontend will tell you if it tries to
>      > connect to an incompatible backend.  Both the database and the
>      > communications protocols are versioned and the versions are
>     checked on
>      > startup.
>
>     Look at the rpmfusion repo
>
>     http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/6/x86_64/mythtv-0.26.1-5.el6.x86_64.rpm
>
>     is the metapackage that should bring in the 'current' build for Centos
>     6.  For Centos 7:
>

> the version I have (created 8/17) is:
>
>   mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v28.0-104-g3930f5d
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
> Network Protocol : 88
> Library API : 0.28.20161120-1
> QT Version : 5.6.1
> Options compiled in:
>   linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
> using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton
> using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
> using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
> using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit
> using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11
> using_xrandr using_xv using_systemd_notify using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2
> using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
> using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
>
> Here's the hardware config of my backend - someone mentioned the need
> for newer box.
>
> #lscpu
>
> Architecture:          x86_64
> CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
> Byte Order:            Little Endian
> CPU(s):                4
> On-line CPU(s) list:   0-3
> Thread(s) per core:    1
> Core(s) per socket:    4
> Socket(s):             1
> NUMA node(s):          1
> Vendor ID:             GenuineIntel
> CPU family:            6
> Model:                 94
> Model name:            Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v5 @ 3.30GHz
> Stepping:              3
> CPU MHz:               3311.994
> BogoMIPS:              6623.98
> Hypervisor vendor:     KVM
> Virtualization type:   full
> L1d cache:             32K
> L1i cache:             32K
> L2 cache:              256K
> L3 cache:              8192K
> NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-3
>

>     http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/7/x86_64/m/mythtv-29.1-15.20180228.8.g925ceea0fb.el7.x86_64.rpm
>

> I need the same 0.28/fixes correct (for the frontend)?

That would be the conventional way to go, but I believe that the network
protocol is what needs to match.  Current master is 91 and google can
probably tell you when 88 was superseded.  Do I take it that you're
building for centos 7 and can choose your git pull?

I've always used full FE/BE packages.