[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 19:03:40 UTC 2018

On 14/04/18 19:10, Ashu Desai wrote:

> Yes.  it is old. I am afraid of breaking my "working" backend if I try
> to upgrade so I am shying away from an upgrade. I have been using this
> only for movies (videos), music and pictures (nothing a plex server
> won't do - but I love my association with myth and the community and it
> gives me a chance to learn new stuff and expand my limited Linux knowledge)
>

> I have it working with my 8Tb drive and raided 8Tb mount. but I should
> upgrade, just scared...

I know the feeling. If you try to make a minimal update you may well
find that many packages are now incompatible with what you have.   But
yum should say what it would intend to do in response to any specific
install command and give you the option to say no.

Do you have any other installed programs (VLC, mplayer, xine...or others
that Stephen mentioned) that might have digital TV capabilities?