[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Apr 9 09:20:15 UTC 2018

On 09/04/18 08:59, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/04/18 16:15, Barry Martin wrote:
>>
>> Ashu:
>>
>>>     1. Added antenna to the backend.
>>>     2. Went to mythtv-setup - selected card type as "DVB-T/S/C, ATSC or
>>>     ISDB-T"
>>>        1. This brought the DVB device type as
>>> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
>>>        2. Frontend ID came to: Air2PC v2
>>>     3. No channels found on scan.
>>>

>> Ignore my comment on this  section not looking right: you're using an
>> electronic antenna device and I was thinking of just a passive antenna.
>>
>> Barry
>
> Nothing wrong with what you said.  It looks as if the 'device' is an
> antenna with a dvb tuner/adapter.  It still needs to be in a place where
> there is a strong enough signal and pointing in a suitable but perhaps
> unpredictable direction.

Googling suggests that the Air2PC isn't a part of the 'antenna' but a
normal dvb/ATSC tuner.  I had the impression from Ashu's post that it
was a new part of his system and integrated into the 'antenna' package.
Perhaps not.  OTA TV reception, especially with an indoor antenna, will
always be critically dependent on local conditions - including the
movements of people in the room.