[mythtv-users] MythTV 29.1 and git?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:35:06 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 5:01 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On 27/03/18 14:15, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>

>> As noted in my previous email, I was in fact able to figure out the
>> commit that was tagged as 29.1. In order to get the newest commit
>> version from fixes/29 I was able to use:
>>
>> git clone -b fixes/29 https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
>>
>> Due to the nature of the Gentoo ebuild, I needed to specify the
>> version using the commit version. It appears that zip files of all the
>> releases (including 29.1) are available at the
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/releases page.
>>

> The requirement to use the commit version, would probably make it
> *easier* to use the fixes branch, and use the git hash as the version?
>

> Regards
> Stuart

Hey Stuart. Thanks for the feedback on this. Actually yes...the
ebuilds use the git hash version:

BACKPORTS="60e40b352ab95a135ec2ab8f9f1ee93b4f9d245e"

...which actually does make is easier to use the most recent fixes
(which was what I did with my own ebuild). The only thing that got
trickier was trying to determine which of those constituted "29.1",
but it sounds like that's sort of moot for fixes.

Thanks again! The new ebuild's worked out very well.

Tom