[mythtv-users] Backend tuning issues with Fedora 28 and Mythv 29

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Wed Apr 4 21:15:44 UTC 2018

Okay, I downgraded mythv to the Fedora 27 rpms (sudo dnf downgrade mythtv
--releasever=27).  Everything worked (as far as I could tell) on F28.
Granted, this installed fedora 27 29.0-4 rpms (from RpmFusion).  When I was
doing all this downgrading and upgrading, I got several notices about
libva-drm.so.1 conflicts.  F28 has libva-drm.so.2.

I went back to square one (upgraded everything to F28), rebuilt the F27
current 29.1 RpmFusion rpms, and installed them.  The log is here:
https://pastebin.com/XzQkniCn  There are a few other changes but I still
think it's libva (drm).  But I am a rank amateur.

Fedora 28 ships with libva-2.0.  Fedora 27 is on libva-1.8.3 (currently).

So it's possible to just install the mythtv F27 rpms on F28, but I think
there is a bigger issue here on the horizon for other distributions like
Ubuntu/Debian/etc.  Since my problem seems to be DRM related, I'm pretty
sure I found the culprit.

Again, with the regular F28 Rpmfusion rpms, I can watch all non-drm
content.  As soon as I tune into a drm channel, like an HD channel,
mythbackend aborts.  And again, these channels work with the F27 rpms.

Do I make a bug on the tracker?  What information is needed there?  How can
I further isolate the problem to the libva library?

I'm doing my best with what knowledge I have, but I need some help here.  I
have a slight grasp of the problem but I don't know how to proceed.