[mythtv-users] How to choose between 2 backends ?

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Wed Apr 4 19:51:24 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have frontend and backend on a desktop pc.

But I would also like to record tv on a laptop. This laptop has no screen and
the graphic card is probably to small to watch tv. I installed frontend on it
to test it, but now I want to use only the frontend on the desktop pc.

So sometimes, I want to record tv on the laptop, but watch recorded episodes
on the desktop machine. Copy or move the recordings to the desktop pc should
be easy by ftp or an external usb hard disk.

How to organize that ? How to tell frontend on the desktop pc which backend I
want to use ?

In the setup, I saw the option "This server is the Master backend" I can
untick.

Of course I can change IP address in mythtv-setup, but there is certainly a
more elegant solution. Is it possible to create profiles for this purpose ?

Bye

Klaus