[mythtv-users] New frequency for NY NBC OTA channel 4

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:38:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/03/2018 02:23 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>> The ugliest part was that all my recording rules and recording history etc
>> had the wrong chanid and station (callsign). The station in my case is
>> important because I've used the "this channel" filter a lot. The callsign
>> had changed to WNBC and it was WNBC-DT before. Obviously it also had a new
>> unique chanid. I manually updates both chanid and station on the tables
>> record, record_tmp, and oldrecorded to the new values.
>

> This is why the channel call sign is a user-editable field.  It is meant as
> a user-specifiable channel uniqueness identifier--so you can assign the same
> call sign to all your various channels that are the same channel (whether
> that's due to changes over time or due to variations across different
> inputs).  All you had to do was change the call sign on the new channel to
> WNBC-DT and all your rules would have worked, even though you used the "this
> channel" filter, without your having to do any direct manipulation of
> recording tables (including ones you edited that didn't need editing, but
> that's another story).
>
> Mike

One quick question on this one: As noted above the scan created a new
channel for 4.1 with the new frequency, and I used the channel editor
to delete the old one.

Had I edited the callsign on the new channel, would the recording
rules on the recorded table have worked despite the fact that they had
a chanid for the old channel that I had deleted in the channel editor?
I'd assume so based on the fact that the actual rule is for any
channel...just with a filter for "this channel" based on the callsign.

Thanks!
Tom