[mythtv-users] New frequency for NY NBC OTA channel 4

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 3 20:42:57 UTC 2018

On 04/03/2018 02:23 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> The ugliest part was that all my recording rules and recording history
> etc had the wrong chanid and station (callsign). The station in my
> case is important because I've used the "this channel" filter a lot.
> The callsign had changed to WNBC and it was WNBC-DT before. Obviously
> it also had a new unique chanid. I manually updates both chanid and
> station on the tables record, record_tmp, and oldrecorded to the new
> values.

This is why the channel call sign is a user-editable field.  It is meant
as a user-specifiable channel uniqueness identifier--so you can assign
the same call sign to all your various channels that are the same
channel (whether that's due to changes over time or due to variations
across different inputs).  All you had to do was change the call sign on
the new channel to WNBC-DT and all your rules would have worked, even
though you used the "this channel" filter, without your having to do any
direct manipulation of recording tables (including ones you edited that
didn't need editing, but that's another story).

Mike