[mythtv-users] New frequency for NY NBC OTA channel 4

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:45:38 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 3:17 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the case of the NBC OTA channel, they made the
>> deadline with almost two weeks to spare (for lots of
>> good (and bad) reasons, picking a weekend day is
>> likely better than the middle of the week).
>
> Sorry, wrong date.  NYC NBC was not a frequency change,
> it was a "go off the air on the current frequency (and
> move to sharing the transmitter of another station)"
> change.  Those have to be completed before those
> that are going to move into those frequencies can do
> so.
>
> In any case, lots of changes over the next few years.

Thanks for the explanations. Confusing as hell.

Maybe someone can help me as to what the correct syntax is for the
mythtv-setup --scan. I was basing it on this:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Command_Line_Channel_Scanner

I can list the cardids with this:

mythtv-setup --scan atsc-vsb8-us
2018-04-03 11:28:40.404904 C  mythtv-setup version: fixes/29
[v29.1-60e40b352ab95a135ec2ab8f9f1ee93b4f9d245e] www.mythtv.org
2018-04-03 11:28:40.404933 C  Qt version: compile: 5.7.1, runtime: 5.7.1
You must enter a valid cardid to scan.
Valid cards:
    1: HDHOMERUN 1046A151-0
    2: HDHOMERUN 1046A151-0
    3: HDHOMERUN 1046A151-1
    4: HDHOMERUN 1046A151-1
    5: HDHOMERUN 104A8F21-0
    6: HDHOMERUN 104A8F21-0
    7: HDHOMERUN 104A8F21-1
    8: HDHOMERUN 104A8F21-1
    9: DVB /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
   10: DVB /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

But adding the cardid doens't work:

mythtv-setup --scan atsc-vsb8-us 1
Received '1' but unassociated arguments have not been enabled

...which is followed by the syntax help. I don't get it. What is that
looking for? That page seems to indicate that it wants an input name.
I know that cardinput is no longer used. I'm just not getting it.

Anyone have any ideas? This channel scanning has always scared the
shit out of me.

Tom