[mythtv-users] channels.conf

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Mon Apr 2 09:47:23 UTC 2018

Le dimanche 1 avril 2018, 17:54:07 CEST John Pilkington a écrit :
> On 01/04/18 16:30, Klaus Becker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Which file does MythYV use as channels.conf ?
> >
> > I only want a limited number of channels and not hundreds I am not
> > interested in.
> >
> > I know I can configure this inside mythtv-setup, but the easiest way is
> > perhaps to edit the MythYV channels.conf file.
> >
> > Bye
> >
> > Klaus
>
> I think you perhaps need a script.  This one was last edited in 2010 but
> you might find that it, or something similar, points a way to go.
>
> I haven't used it, or studied it.  Take care.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Creating_a_TV_Bouquet
>
> John

Hi,

I tried it.

I run "$ mysql -s -e 'select chanid,name from channel'  mythconverg all.chan"
and I edited the file and left only the channels I want to see. I put the file
in /home/mythtv.

I created the script "/home/mythtv/scripts/changebouquet"

But I did not have the file /usr/share/mythtv/tvmenu.xml. I created it and
copied the script

 <button>
       <type>TV_SCHEDULE</type>
       <action>EXEC /home/mythtv/scripts/changebouquet default</action>
    </button>

Into it.

I have now:

$ ls /home/mythtv/scripts/
changebouquet.sh  deutschland.chan (= my german channels)

I added "echo 'jump livetv' | netcat -q 0 localhost 6546" to the end of
"changebouquet.sh".

But I did not understand "the Frontend control socket interface" in
"You can extend the script to automatically jump to watching tv with your new
bouquet if you have the Frontend control socket interface by just adding the
line."

I restarted the frontend, but I cannot find the bouquet.

Has anyone used these script with success ?

Bye

Klaus