[mythtv-users] channels.conf

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Apr 1 16:14:32 UTC 2018

On Sun, 01 Apr 2018 17:30:24 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Which file does MythYV use as channels.conf ?
>
>I only want a limited number of channels and not hundreds I am not interested
>in.
>
>I know I can configure this inside mythtv-setup, but the easiest way is
>perhaps to edit the MythYV channels.conf file.
>
>Bye
>
>Klaus

It does not use a channels.conf file.  The channels are stored in the
database.  In mythtv-setup, you can go to Channel Editor and in there,
select any channel you do not want and use the Enter key to display
the options for the channel.  Find the Visible option, which will be
ticked, and use the space bar to toggle off the tick mark.  Then it
will no longer be visible in mythfrontend, but will remain in the
database so that it is there if you need it later.  If you delete
channels (using the D key), when you scan for new channels, the
deleted ones will come back again and you will have to delete them
again, so it is much better to just mark them as not visible.