[mythtv-users] Video tearing on GeForce 430 VDPAU - Clean install of 29 on Xubuntu 16.04

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 22:48:54 UTC 2017

On Sep 30, 2017 4:09 PM, "Peter Bennett" <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:

On 09/30/2017 03:51 PM, Ian Evans wrote:

Upgrading my system today from ,27 on 12.04 Mythbuntu to 29 on 16.06
Xubuntu.

During the HD video test, I'm searing tearing near the bottom of the screen
using any of the VDPAU settings. I had no tearing issues with .27 and used
to run it with VDPAU High

The video card is a GeForce 430. Currently using the 304.135 drivers from
NVIDIA as I was using the 304 series before.

Is there anything that I should be checking first?

Thanks.

You can try disabling composite
sudo nvidia-xconfig --no-composite

or add to xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
    Option             "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

Will try that when I get back tonight. Thanks.