[mythtv-users] DVD iso Playback Fails After Upgrade to 0.28

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 19:26:58 UTC 2017

On 22/09/17 00:18, Jay Foster wrote:

> Here is the mythfrontend log.  Nothing pops out to me.

<snip>

> Sep 21 15:13:54 mythbox mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[24974]: D CoreContext tv_play.cpp:2245 (HandleStateChange) TV::HandleStateChange(): (0) -- begin
> Sep 21 15:13:54 mythbox mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[24974]: I CoreContext tv_play.cpp:2275 (HandleStateChange) TV::HandleStateChange(): Attempting to change from None to WatchingVideo

This last line pops out to me.  It means it's trying to play the image as a video, not as a DVD.  It should be "Attempting to change from None to WatchingDVD".

If you start mythfrontend with "-v media" (or just add it to the existing parameters - "-v playback,media --loglevel=debug") you should one of:

"Found Bluray at ..."
"Found DVD at ..."
or
"inspectImage - unknown"

Basically, if you try to play an ISO the code tries to inspect the contents of the image.  If it finds a sub-directory under root called 'BDMV', it treats it as a Blu-ray image.  If it finds a directory called "VIDEO_TS", it treats it as a DVD.  Otherwise it gives up.

Richard