[mythtv-users] mythbackend 0.28 spins up external backup USB hard disk all the time

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Sep 23 21:21:49 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I just upgraded from MythTV 0.27.6 to 0.28.1 (Gentoo).

There is one thing that really bothers me:
Since the upgrade, my external USB backup drive is spinning up all the
time.
Normally, this should be down all the time (until my daily backup).

This drive is not a storage drive for MythTV.

I have udisks configured via udev to leave the drive alone and this is
working fine since years.

I can see in the syslog that this is happening after upgrading MythTV to
0.28.1.

On that machine, only mythbackend is running, not mythfrontend, so it
cannot by the Media Scanner, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,